Friday 28 August 2015

LIEBSTER AWARD | questions to me & my nominations

I

This post is a little different to what I would usually write about but I was nominated by the lovely Isabel Louise Beauty for the Liebster award!  The award is for bloggers who have 200 or less followers, to allow bloggers to discover one another so I was so happy to have been nominated!

The Rules

  • Once nominated, make a post thanking and linking your nominator's blog.
  • Include the Liebster Award's sticker in the post as well (you can copy it from above).
  • Nominate 10 other new bloggers that have 200 or less followers who you think are worthy of this award and include their links in your post. Also, make sure that you let them know they've been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can nominate the person who nominated you.
  • Answer the 10 questions asked to you by your nominator (these questions should be on their post). And make 10 questions of your own for your nominees to answer.
  • Finally, copy these rules onto your post.
 
Isabel's questions
1. What are your go to make up products during summer? 
I don't like to wear a lot of make up when the weather is nice, so when I was in Mallorca, I didn't wear anything during the day but at night I just wore Rimmel Match Perfection in the shade 010 light porcalein, with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in the shade peach glow.  I'd fill in my eyebrows as normal with the Soap & Glory Archery pen/pencil in the blonde shade, then just wear a Collection pen eye liner, Soap & Glory's Thick and Fast mascara and Soap & Glory's Sexy Motherpucker matte lipsticks - either super nude or blush pink!  But here at home in the dismal UK, I just wear my usual make up (which will be explained in another post!)

2. What is your all time favourite high end product?
I don't have much high end make up, I've only recently started buying MAC products and at the minute I'm loving the matte lipstick in the shade chilli.  I wear it on nights out and for meals etc.

3. If you could only chose one brand of make up to use what would it be?
Definitely Soap & Glory!  I love all of the eye make up, the lipsticks and the highlighter.  I would still have to use my Rimmel foundation though.. sorry.

4. What inspired you to start blogging?
I've been a huge fan of YouTube for about two years and love watching hauls, make up routines, things like that, and I began to notice that all of the YouTubers I watch, started off blogging.  I'd wanted to do it for a while but only started a week ago after talking to my friend Abiee about it because I knew that she did it! So mainly YouTubers I think, like Zoella and Helen Anderson.

5. Do you prefer Summer or Winter?
Winter! I love going on holidays in the summer but Autumn/Winter have the best festivities if you know what I mean. (And the best food).

6. What are you most excited about for Autumn?
The weather changing! I can't wait to start wearing over sized jumpers and scarves and ankle boots.  I also ove Halloween and Bonfire night!

7. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
Appearance wise, I tend to get asked lots of questions and be given compliments on my eyebrows so probably these, my pride and joy haha.   And personality wise, when I have my mind set on something, I won't stop until I've achieved whatever it is.

8. If you could choose only one candle scent to burn for a year what would it be?
Oh god!  I have a lime one from Primark which is incredible, but I love to light really comforting scents like lavender - eventhough my room ends up smelling like my nan's bathroom.  I have one from Homebase which is kind of a Yankee candle dupe for less than half the price, and it's scented 'waterlily' so I would probably choose that one.

9. What are your top 5 skin care products?
At the minute, I'm loving clay masks for my face, I use a few so I thought I'd just generalise it.  One of my favourites is the Quick Fix Facials Anti Blemish mud mask which I got from Boots a few weeks ago - it helps oily and spot prone skin.  My second is the Moisture Matte moisturiser from Garnier which I use every morning after I've had a wash, and this is for oily to combination skin.  My third is a tea tree and witch hazel spot wand by Boots which has two ends on it, a thicker one for over night use and a clear, lighter one for day time use.  I tend to just use the thicker one before I go to bed and during days where I don't put on any make up.  It helps spots go down and whenever I have plans to go somewhere, like on a mini trip, I always break out, so this is really handy for me!  My fourth is a body skin care product and it's the Soap & Glory Smoothie Start Deep Moisture Body Milk.  I've been loving the Vaseline Cocoa Radiant lotion but my all time favourite is the Soap & Glory product, I just love the smell and how it makes my skin feel!  The fifth and final product is the Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Charcoal face wash.  I bought this on a whim just to see what it's like, purely because of the charcoal!  I'd never heard of charcoal in skincare products.  It works really well for my skin and leaves my face feeling really fresh.

10. What three people do you look up to the most?
I don't really have any idols who I look up to and idolise really.  I have people in mind that I appreciate and love.  The first up is Hayley Williams.  If you know me then you would know that she is the first person on this list, ha. If you don't know who she is, she is the lead singer and frontwoman of the band, Paramore - a band I have loved for the past 8 years since I was 13.  I'm not going to go into massive detail because I could go on all day about her, I just love the music and what she stands for.  The second is my dad because he does everything for me and my siblings and never puts himself first and I don't have a single memory of when he's not been there or been a good dad or the coolest person I know.  And I honestly can't think of a third, I'm not going to try and think of someone else because I wouldn't exactly appreciate them if I had to really think about it.  But for arguments sake I also love/worship Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie.


I nominate:


My questions
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What are 3 facts about you that not many people know?
3. What is your favourite beauty product?
4. Do you have any pet peeves?
5. What were your summer essentials this year?
6. Favourite quote?
7. Which 3 people, dead or alive, would you have over for dinner and why?
8. 3 favourite films?
9. Which is your favourite high street fashion shop?
10. Where is your favourite place to visit?


I just want to thank Isabel so much for nominating me! I think this is a great way for new/smaller bloggers to network.


Thanks for reading!
X

No comments:

Post a Comment